CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, August 15, 2010

1 Corinthians 13:12


"Now we see but a poor reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face.
Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known."

1 Corinthians 13, also known as the Love chapter, is an amazing chapter on what it truly means to love and the true definition of love is. I like this chapter because it goes beyond the overrated version of "love." I know I have used that word far too many times. "I love Taco Bell" and "I love chocolate." NOT! Love is soo much greater than that. And this chapter proves it! The entire Bible is wrapped in the love of the Author of our Faith. There is nothing that God does or ever did that was not lead by His love for us. And because of that, we can not truly understand the extent of our Creator's character and love. But, that is what makes me appreciate verse 12 so much more. We live in a sin-filled world that makes it hard for us to see God at work in our everyday lives. But, Scripture tells us that this world is just temporary and one day we will see God face to face, in ALL His glory! Then, we will be able to truly understand God's love for us! Verse 10 says, "when perfection comes, the imperfect disappears." The imperfect views we have gained from this world will be wiped out when we are in the presence of the Lord. We see a poor reflection of what God's love looks like. But, one day, we will see God face to face and be able to truly understand Him and fully know His love for us! The greatest thing about God is that even though we are "fully known" His love for us is still so great! I can't even begin to imagine what it is going to be like to know God's love fully. And I am so amazed by the fact that I am fully known. No hiding the real me or pretending to be someone I'm not. God knows me better than I know myself and he still loves me more than I can understand! God's love is soo exciting! And although He is hard to understand fully, He rejoices in our seeking!

0 comments: